Sunday, September 18, 2011

RAW Fruit Leather - yum yum yum!

I have always wanted to make fruit leather - especially RAW fruit leather, but never had any motivation. Why would I spend all that time making it when I could buy a tiny piece of leather at the store for a gazillion dollars?! Pfft. *end sarcasm*
I bought a BUNCH of fresh, organic fruit and while it is delicious and yummy and all those other adjectives, I needed to make "treats" for Iain so he wouldn't feel so left out. I've cut out all candies in the house. Surprisingly, Iain has had no issues with it! Thank goodness because he loves his sweets. So, alas, here is the recipe for our raw fruit leather.

3 large, organic peaches - cut and cubed
1 large, organic mango - cut and cubed
1 lbs. organic strawberries - cut
2 TBLS. raw, organic (local) honey

In a food processor, add all ingredients and puree it.


Then spread it onto a tray and place in your dehydrator. 


Be sure to smooth the puree out evenly or else it won't dehydrate evenly. 

In order for your fruit leather to remain in it's "raw" state, keep your temperature at or under 118*. I dehydrated my fruit leather at 105*. It took 39 hours for it to fully dehydrate. 


Ta-da!

There you go! So simple. And it is really tasty! I had to keep it up and hidden away from my children because they kept wanting more. I cut them into individual strips and wrapped them in saran wrap - think "Fruit Roll-Ups". I have a feeling that these are going to go fast so as we speak I have another tray in the dehydrator. This time I'm doing mango, carrot and kiwi! The puree tasted good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment