Monday, September 26, 2011

Delicious homemade chicken, bacon, artichoke, ranch pizza

Okay, not COMPLETELY homemade. I did use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free pizza crust mix. But, I did have to mix it, let it set and all that good stuff, so technically it is homemade, right???? :D

1 lb. chicken breast - cooked and seasoned with Italian herbs, sea salt, pepper and a little bit of lemon juice. (I LOVE flavor. If it's bland, I'm not interested. Give me spices, or don't bother) Cut into bite size pieces
An Artichoke or two - steamed and chopped
8 slices of GF turkey bacon
White or red onion chopped
1 bag of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix (I made it eggless so I added 2 Tbls. of Flaxseed Meal and 6 Tbls. water only because I ran out of eggs this morning and the farm was closed today)
Raw butter cheese - shredded (or any cheese will do, but we're talking health here! Raw cheese is healthy and delicious!)
Homemade ranch dressing -

  • 1 C. buttermilk
  • 1 C. Mayonnaise 
  • 1 C. raw, Greek style yogurt
  • 1 tsp each of dill, oregano and garlic (I added more dill)
  • Sea salt and cracked pepper
Follow instructions on the bag of pizza crust mix. I added extra herbs and spices. I'm not fooling around when I say I have to have flavor. I cannot stand bland food. It's such a waste! While the dough is rising, cook your chicken and bacon. You will want your bacon to be a bit on the crispy side. I don't eat pork. I gave that up a while back. Turkey bacon is an excellent alternative and it tastes better, too. Steam your artichokes. And chop up your onions. The ranch dressing should already be prepared a day in advance. 

I baked my pizza in my cast iron skillet. There are so many great health benefits to cooking with cast iron. Throw out your Teflon junk pans. You're poisoning yourself! Literally. Anyway, before putting my dough in the pan, I drizzled some olive oil and crushed garlic to the bottom. WHOA! It was amazing!

Add toppings in this order: Ranch dressing, onions, cheese, chicken, turkey bacon, artichoke, and top with more cheese. I don't really like TOO much cheese. I maybe used a total of 6 oz. of shredded cheese on the 16" pizza.

So, it really wasn't TOO healthy of a pizza. I could have added more veggies to it. Eh. It was tasty and now I have found my favorite GF crust. It was even better then regular crust.








Okay, and I was able to salvage the stove liner from the kitchen fire last week:

LOL

1 comment: